Abstract Submission is Closed.
Notifications will be issued early December
For the list of topics on which abstracts may be submitted, please click here.
Participants interested in presenting an oral or poster presentation are invited to submit an abstract. All abstracts will undergo peer review by the Abstract Review Committee, to determine which abstracts may be accepted. Accepted abstracts will be invited for presentation in one of the following formats:
- as an oral presentation in a workshop session
- as an oral presentation in a young investigator communication session
- as a discussed poster in a moderated poster session
- as a poster in the poster exhibition
Abstract submission and presentation rules
- All abstracts submitted via the online submission form before the deadline will be forwarded to the Abstract Review Committee for review.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
Confirmation of receipt & notification of decision
- You will receive email confirmation that your abstract has been received, indicating the abstract number which it has been allocated. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact the Secretariat if you submit an abstract and do not receive confirmation that it has been received.
- Notifications regarding status of your abstract will be sent once the review process is complete.
Presentation at Congress
- Instructions for preparation of oral or poster presentations will be sent together with acceptance notifications.
- The Committee will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors’ preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
- Author registration deadline is January 12, 2015. An author from each abstract is expected to attend the congress and present the poster or oral presentation.
- Accepted abstracts for which a presenting author is registered and has paid the registration fee by January 12, 2015
- Abstracts for which no author has registered to attend Congress by January 12, 2015 will not be included in the Congress Scientific Programme.
Writing & submitting your abstract
Please follow the guidance below when writing and submitting your abstract.
The abstract should be as informative as possible:
Aim: state background and specific objective of study
Methods: shortly describe methods used
Results: summarize results obtained
Conclusions: state conclusions reached
- Standard abbreviations may be used.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
Presenting author's contact details:
Full postal address
Daytime and evening phone number
Presentation type – please choose from one of the following:
Author and co-authors' details:
Full first and family name(s)
Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
Abstract title - Limited to 25 words in Sentence Structure
Abstract text – Limited to 250 words (Please Note: Word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added)
Abstract topic – Abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Program. Please choose from the list of topics.
Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract
Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 30 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link above allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Programme.
Declaration of Consent to Publication and Assignation of Copyright
I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. congress website, programmes, other promotions, etc.)
The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content ("Content") provided to EAS 2015 and Kenes International (Hereafter: “The Organisers"). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
The Abstract Submitter grants the Organisers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
The Organisers reserve the right to remove from any publication an
abstract which does not comply with the above.
I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
eas embargo policy
The findings described in an abstract submitted for presentation must contain some new data. The abstract, in its entirety, may not have been published, presented elsewhere, or otherwise publicly discussed prior to their presentation at the EAS Congress.